Questions and Answers About Social Security Disability Programs
The following six pages have some of the most frequent questions asked about disability programs administered by SSA.
To read all of thequestions and answers, click on the "Next" links that follow. Or you may click on a question below to read the answer.
- Who can get disability benefits under Social Security?
- How is the disability determination made?
- When do disability benefits start?
- What can an individual do if he or she disagrees with the determination?
- Can individuals receiving disability benefits or payments get Medicare or Medicaid coverage?
- Can someone work and still receive disability benefits?